Originally Posted by Anonymous
for the good teams the b starters will do better than the a backups

happens every year yet still parents want their kids on the a bench

yeah but my kid is different yeah sure she is look at the history

I really don’t know why is better. Your kid plays on an A team and gets significant minutes. Is an offensive player and scores 4-8 goals a tournament. Your kid is a star on a B or C team playing b or c teams scoring 20 goals a tournament. I really don’t know what is better. I think the kid on either team still has to show up to a camp and play I. Front of that coach.

Varies by school. Some schools place much more emphasis on camps and prospect days than others. Generally top 20 programs play a much higher value on camps than middle tier schools. Camps tend to me much more important for Goalies and defenders (or middies recruited as defenders) than offensive players.

Best way to prep is to have your club director reach out to schools and get feedback.

As a general rule, if you know you have some interest, you should go "narrow" and focus on single school prospect days, but if you don't have confirmed interest, you should go "wider" and focus on multi-school showcases or all-star games.

Nonsense.

Sounds like a 24 parent who realizes that paying to play on an American select C team was a bad investment.

Original poster. Not the case. First example