Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on with Dune Dawgs?

I am only asking these questions because there are some boys in my town interested in playing. These are boys/parents that did not understand the "urgency" of trying out back in Sept, and i want to help the parents (my friends) because I have been asked what they should do.

As i am sure i will get the good, the bad, the ugly, but that is ok. Brign it on. I'd rather that than the Roses id be given by organizers (and I understadn that).

Do they have a make up try out this Sunday or are they just looking for a middie.

Or both

they are looking for a middie for their "A" team (is that blue or green)

and the try out is for the "B" team (is that blue or green)

Also a post (on the tryout blog) stated they never planned on playing spring, yet they won Shamrock. Were they a late entry to that or was it planned?

I lso hear there are boys who played for DD in the winter and play on other teams in the spring summer. That being the case, if they wanted to play a game or two in Spring/summer (if their teams are not playing) will they take minutes away from these new boys.

this is not an easy question. Now a days you can play lax all year. They have indoor winter leagues, they have summer leagues. there are Tournaments all over most of the year. So you get a few kids who play Spring town lax, summer Tourneys on travel but then they play football in the fall. Most travel teams have a set amount of tournaments you pay for that include a set number of practices. Then they will have additional non mandatory stuff, clinics , winter league etc. If you dont play with them all year playing time probably depends on your coach, some will be fine with it, some will not. ALso depends how good the player is to be honest. The Dune Dawgs has fall clinics at Dowling, played some indoor league stuff, then had indoor clinics out east. They played on early tournament. YOu have to remember that the Dowling staff is the Havoc Dawgs staff, so when Dowling is in season they are MIA. I think some of the Dawgs played in a Friday night league this spring but not all. Remember, while a team may get 20 kids for the summer if 8 of those kids dont want to play winter then that team wont be playing games in the winter. So far my experience is that playing time in this club is pretty well spread out. Taylor states its a developmental league with winning being a low priority. I can tell you this, my son is an okay player, the coaches always spent a good amount of time with him and made sure he was getting playing time and that he was part of the offense. They also will not allow parents to be Head coaches