Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to clarify: the boy in goal had on a cup, chest protector and throat guard. Neither the Express coaches nor the boy's parents would send him out there unprotected. But it is true that he has never played goal before. And thanks to Spallina, he never will again. smile

Maybe I misunderstood the previous poster...when they wrote "NO GOALIE EQUIPMENT AT ALL EXCEPT A GOALIE STICK" and in all caps, I figured they meant...well he wore no goalie equipment...lol. Player safety should be paramount and if that means a team must step down and forfeit a game so be it. Whatever the case is it sounds like everyone is upset that spallina has a tremendous team this year, love it or hate it, it is a great group of players that for this year at least all came together. What is this team supposed to do, not play games because they always win? Running up the score so much may not be the best thing to do, but is also not the worst thing in the world, his kids play hard and they play fair and they had very few penalties. The behind the back passes and shots came across as cocky but it also kept the score lower than it could have been. I think most people smashing this team would jump at the chance to have their kid play with them.