I've seen both sides of this.

We've played on a club team that on occasion when they could score , would score, regardless of the score. This normally occurred when playing other club travel teams, the coach had no problem running it up against another high level competitive team. Maybe a way of proving their programs superiority I guess. In theory getting them all ready for what the real competition will be, No 4 goal rule in JV, Varsity and beyond. On the flip side when this same team played a town team he would hold them back, we even switched half the team and swapped pennies at the half to make it even. The kids were always very respectful and never disrespected any competition, they just realized overall they were a better lacrosse team and tried to play at the highest level.

I've also seen teams play keep away for an entire half while the coaches are yelling don't shoot. This in my opinion has been much more humiliating to the kids as the run around for 20 minutes and never touch the ball.

Now regards to this specific 91 team, they’ve been doing this for a while and have created a poor situation. I think it was second grade, they entered the 91 team as a town team (Shoreham) at ISA and we heard the parents bragging about winning all their games by at least 20 goals. They were removed from the league. (This was before the ISA, 91 alliance).