Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on with Dune Dawgs?

I am only asking these questions because there are some boys in my town interested in playing. These are boys/parents that did not understand the "urgency" of trying out back in Sept, and i want to help the parents (my friends) because I have been asked what they should do.

As i am sure i will get the good, the bad, the ugly, but that is ok. Brign it on. I'd rather that than the Roses id be given by organizers (and I understadn that).

Do they have a make up try out this Sunday or are they just looking for a middie.

Or both

they are looking for a middie for their "A" team (is that blue or green)

and the try out is for the "B" team (is that blue or green)

Also a post (on the tryout blog) stated they never planned on playing spring, yet they won Shamrock. Were they a late entry to that or was it planned?

I lso hear there are boys who played for DD in the winter and play on other teams in the spring summer. That being the case, if they wanted to play a game or two in Spring/summer (if their teams are not playing) will they take minutes away from these new boys.

Let me give you the facts, and you decide...

Havoc Dune Dawgs is an organization dedicated to the game of lacrosse and the players who play it.

They DO NOT utilize "parent" coaches as HEAD Coaches, EXCEPT when that coach has COLLEGE Coaching experience. I am not just talking about Mike Taylor, who has an extremely impressive resume in addition to being a Division II NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Coach. Coaching staff includes the players of Dowling Lacrosse, who are passionate and dedicated to teaching these players, and are about BOTH skill development and team cohesiveness.

This is NOT a "developmental" program as people have said. That said, they are COMMITTED to skill development. Without good skills, and constant refinement of skills, players become stagnant.

They are NOT about their own egos, they are about the players!

Currently The Havoc Dune Dawgs have 12 teams, Grades 3 - 11. Tryouts are in September, just like all the OTHER travel programs. Come down to the tryouts, you'll see what they're about. For tryouts they run an hour and a half clinic with players rotating through skill drills. They have the coaches evaluate the players. It's a very fair tryout.