Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ever talk to those not a part of it any more... but was with them at one time. every story has various endings depending on who is telling it. truth always lies somewhere inbetween

You are correct, truth does lie somewhere in between. Between you and your child. I look at all these posts on here, 91, Express, and really just shake my head. At the end of the day people, get out in the yard with your child, practice on his or her weakness, practice on his or her strength, and just PRACTICE. Whatever team you are on will only enhance what your child brings to the table. I never feel comfortable bringing a child's ability into any of my posts; however, it just needs to be said to bring you parents back to earth.

You have to look at your child's abililty objectively, not as a parent. My boys play both basketball and lacrosse. As a parent I realize that their abilities in basketball just aren't there. Actually, one sons lacrosse skills aren't up to where they need to be as well. That's because he doesn't put the work in on his own. I told him he cannot expect to show up to the field and expect "IT" to happen without putting any work in on his own. I've coached both of my boys in travel basketball, and neither started. One actually asked me, "Am I starting?" I simply said to him, "Do you deserve to start?" My point is, even though they are my boys, for the good of the team, their time was limited. It had to be EARNED....

My point is people, realize your child's abilities, recognize their strengths and weakness, and work on them on your own. Whether that be a private lesson, group clinics, or you as a parent out in the yard with them. You cannot expect it to just happen because you paid, $1000 - $1,800 to be part of a team.

I read these posts, and I realize that most of you are living your youth through your children. Have realistic expectations and goals.

completely agree