Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any predictions for Somers & Bcliff jobs?
Someone will coach them.
But seriously, folks... It may be a bit early in the year, but Somers does do a lot of off-season work that the previous coaches were heavily involved with so there will be some pressure to get someone in place to start winter and pre-season ball.

Briarcliff may be in a better position as I believe it was just the HC that left as opposed to Somers who reportedly lost their entire staff.

These are two very good teams on paper and we may see some shuffling around as other programs might be losing a head coach or top assistant. OB the former Eastchester Head Coach who is now a top assistant at JJCR would be a good candidate, but he may want to stay where he is.

Parents need to start realizing that pushing the coach out may not get you the type of new coach you want, There aren't a glut of top-quality coaches so they have their choice of where to go. No one wants to deal with out-of-control parents. Coaches talk and if there is any of that even suspected, you will have a very hard time getting anyone of quality in your school.

I think the "out of control" parents story is kind of overdone. I know people get frustrated with coaches but I've not really seen it boil all the way up to the coach. In my experience it is people like me chatting to other parents about what they would do differently. In the end it's just boring chatter among parents. I guess the Somers and Briarcliff situations could be different. I think it is hard to get a quality coach at any school at this point.
Then you are not paying attention. It is happening across multiple sports and has been a issue in lacrosse in several programs. When you look at coaches leaving a program, its a safe bet - though not always - that a disgruntled yet ill-informed parent(s) is/are involved.