Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"All D1 teams have absolutely huge rosters, and if your lax playing son wants to go to a certain school, the school will take him. Just like the school will take anyone who applies and gets in. "

you are wrong!!!! is that clear enough for you!! you cannot just write a check and go to harvard, duke princeton unc

"... who applies AND GETS IN".

Why is this so hard to understand?? If your kid wants to go to D1 school XYZ and be on the lax team, and he can get admitted academically to the school without any help from the lax coach, and you can pay full tuition and board (either with $ or loans), and he plays on one of the blue blood travel lax teams, the coach will take him, and the kid and the travel lax program can promote the "commit". There is not a coach in America who is telling a Prime Time kid "no, you can't be on my team" when the kid calls and says "yours is my dream school, I can get in on my own, I don't need scholarship money, and I will work my [Censored] off to earn playing time". That is why Prime Time kids (and kids from programs like them) largely dictate where they go, not the other way around. Keep in mind that this dynamic exists because of how little scholarship money is available. Sure, some of these elite talents come from more modest backgrounds and have no choice but to follow the money. And many of them may be driven by where the playing time seems maximized. But at the end of the day, these kids can largely pick their own school (if they want to), subject to admission.

No. You could not be further from the truth. There are far more dynamics at play. Roster size is not unlimited, particularly in lacrosse. You have budgets, space, travel limits, roster size restrictions, Title IX and more all to contend with. Simply playing for a blue-chip club team and getting in the school on your own does not mean he has a spot on the team. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.
Full Stop.
Putting this out there does not make it true and is factually incorrect. Please stop saying this, it is patently false.