Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pelham just put everyone in C on notice. They had a 6-1 lead early and held on to a 1 goal win over Pleasentville.
Yorktown did well over Rye who is struggling without their FO guy. C is now a 3 team race.
I don't think Byram is as strong to compete with those three, but in a one-game situation, anything it possible.

Yorktown looked really good vs. Rye. I believe at least the top 4 are locked in now in B.

Assuming everything else remains similar bracket-wise - and there will be a lot of movement yet:

A- North Rockland has a clear path to the finals. Shame that Mamo and Scarsdale will be a Semi-Final, that would be a great final game.

B- Greeley has the 1 seed mathematically locked up. Friday's game vs. JJCR will be the real litmus test to see if they can hang with the big boys. Only change I see is maybe Yorktown and Mahopac swapping the 2-3 seeds but they will still see each other in the semis. It's just a matter of which jersey they are wearing. I don't see a true 4th team at this point other than Somers, I detest to see they weren't as good this year as many thoguht they would be - never count them out though! Same for Fox Lane, but I don't think this is their year. Eastchester might shock someone. Somers would love the rematch vs. Greeley.

C - Rye has a clear path to the finals. Pelham/Tappan Zee quarterfinal matchup could be interesting and a Pelham/JJCR rematch in the semis will be a much different game than the week 1 game they had this season - both are much better than that game. Rye vs. Pelham i think Rye takes is. Rye vs. JJCR would be a great game: tossup

D - Still all Pleasentville despite yesterday's hiccup. If Bronxville and Briarcliff are both on the other side of the bracket, that will be a good semi matchup. One of them on the same side as Pleasentville gives the other a clearer path to the final.

Good luck to all as the regular season winds down!

North Rockland's path is a function of how weak A is. C, for instance, has 7 teams all better than whoever is the 4th team in A.
I completely agree with you - I am just pointing out where things stand and predicting what is likely to happen

No way North Rockland can be 1 with that weak schedule, look at who Scarsdale and Mamaroneck play.