Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
can anyone explain how the #11 2025 team in the country only has 2 commits?

Express North has 2 commits so far - UNC, John Hopkins

Prime Time - 8 commits - Duke, Notre Dame x4. Princeton, Georgetown, Airforce

Eclipse- 8- ND, Michigan x2, Yale, UNC, Villanova, Princeton, St Johns

as a dad with a middle schooler, i would like to know what the real issues are
Quality, connections and effort. Best players play for PT, Eclipse and 2 way (likely in that order) but the differentiation is in the program directors.
PT Director- Hussles like no one else, has the connections and track record with college coaches.
Eclipse Directors- All Americans, Captains, Team USA, Darien, etc. Look at their connections and effort and again consistent delivery of players from a hotbed of lacrosse
2Way- Former ND Captain, tied to every prep school in the area, Brunswick pipeline, and smarts.
EN- Mrs S is very nice and you play a lot but there are no connections, effort or track record.

I wonder if it more a function of minimal effort rather than an actual lack of connections. My son played for EN - noone from the "head office" ever had a recruiting conversation with us (as a larger group or with my family). Nothing about the process was communiated to us. We were not asked about my sons interest in colleges. In retrospect, it was very strange but at the time I had no idea what was normal.