Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pelham just put everyone in C on notice. They had a 6-1 lead early and held on to a 1 goal win over Pleasentville.
Yorktown did well over Rye who is struggling without their FO guy. C is now a 3 team race.
I don't think Byram is as strong to compete with those three, but in a one-game situation, anything it possible.

Yorktown looked really good vs. Rye. I believe at least the top 4 are locked in now in B.

Assuming everything else remains similar bracket-wise - and there will be a lot of movement yet:

A- North Rockland has a clear path to the finals. Shame that Mamo and Scarsdale will be a Semi-Final, that would be a great final game.

B- Greeley has the 1 seed mathematically locked up. Friday's game vs. JJCR will be the real litmus test to see if they can hang with the big boys. Only change I see is maybe Yorktown and Mahopac swapping the 2-3 seeds but they will still see each other in the semis. It's just a matter of which jersey they are wearing. I don't see a true 4th team at this point other than Somers, I detest to see they weren't as good this year as many thoguht they would be - never count them out though! Same for Fox Lane, but I don't think this is their year. Eastchester might shock someone. Somers would love the rematch vs. Greeley.

C - Rye has a clear path to the finals. Pelham/Tappan Zee quarterfinal matchup could be interesting and a Pelham/JJCR rematch in the semis will be a much different game than the week 1 game they had this season - both are much better than that game. Rye vs. Pelham i think Rye takes is. Rye vs. JJCR would be a great game: tossup

D - Still all Pleasentville despite yesterday's hiccup. If Bronxville and Briarcliff are both on the other side of the bracket, that will be a good semi matchup. One of them on the same side as Pleasentville gives the other a clearer path to the final.

Good luck to all as the regular season winds down!

North Rockland's path is a function of how weak A is. C, for instance, has 7 teams all better than whoever is the 4th team in A.
I completely agree with you - I am just pointing out where things stand and predicting what is likely to happen

No way North Rockland can be 1 with that weak schedule, look at who Scarsdale and Mamaroneck play.

It’s pretty much locked in right now. That’s been my argument against the way the math works out. It rewards winning more games against weaker schedules.