Originally Posted by Anonymous
can anyone explain how the #11 2025 team in the country only has 2 commits?

Express North has 2 commits so far - UNC, John Hopkins

Prime Time - 8 commits - Duke, Notre Dame x4. Princeton, Georgetown, Airforce

Eclipse- 8- ND, Michigan x2, Yale, UNC, Villanova, Princeton, St Johns

as a dad with a middle schooler, i would like to know what the real issues are

I think it’s multifactorial each with a different weight. I will say first of all that it is a good tournament club run by well meaning people. They always play in the best tournaments and you get a lot of them, both fall and summer.

However for recruiting it is an combination of three things ranked from most likely to least likely:

1) recruiting effort - it just falls flat. The effort is not there. I don’t know if it’s a lack of caring or lack of personnel to put in the groundwork but the other clubs definitely outwork them on effort. I remember a yale commit a few years back who was doing all the work themselves.

2) recruiting connections - I believe they have them. Maybe not as deep as the other clubs which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy year after year as clubs ahead of them lengthen their recruiting lead and leverage which each year that goes by

3) talent - maybe not as talented as the other clubs. But they are a program that will have 1-2 high D1s, 1-2 mid/low d1s, 1-2 high d3 and the rest lower d2 / d3.

TL:DR - great tournament club as you get a lot of tourneys for your money. But don’t expect as much help on the recruiting side and expect to put the work in yourself through video, email, prospect days and showcases. But in my opinion, I still feel like your high school is much more important for recruiting than club with some exceptions, if you want to go to a high level program. I actually think it is very unlikely to play high d1 (top 15) without a solid connection, either high school or club assuming the talent is also there