Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son plays for a lower level club. Team was at Prime Time's tournament this year though. I literally saw with my own eyes the hustle and effort the prime time coaches/directors (really just people with PT golf shirts from my point of view) had with college coaches from all over.

Also keep in mind that announced commits don't always mean a lot. Many of these kids come from families with money, and there is not a lot of scholarship money available for lax anyway. All D1 teams have absolutely huge rosters, and if your lax playing son wants to go to a certain school, the school will take him. Just like the school will take anyone who applies and gets in. All of these commits are subject to admission anyway. Whether or not the kid ever plays is not something the school really cares about. The best players will play, whoever they are or wherever they come from. By way of example, I know of a kid who never played a meaningful minute in HS, only played at the lowest of the lowest levels for club, and at the town level was basically the worst kid on the team. He committed to a D-3 program with all the typical instagram fan fair. He will never step on the field while a game is still contested. I get that kids at Prime Time, Two Way, etc are not this, but there is a bit of "so what" to the commit game. Without a doubt, some of these commits will never see the field at a meaningful time in a game. But if the kid is going to the school he wants to go to, does well academically, and is happy, so what.

I agree with a lot of this except strongly disagree that any school will take anyone and never play them. There are only so many slots despite the hugs roster size. There are plenty of lacrosse kids who get in academically but don’t get a walk on slot. That is more the norm. These schools don’t just take anyone, even if they have the academics + money