Some observations

A- Down to Scarsdale and Mamo. Scarsdale is really good but I expected them to be ahead of where they are right now. It's hard to win on the island but the loss to Massapequa was surprising to me. Mamo is trending in the right direction. The comeback win over LI power Wantagh was noteworthy. North Rockland is the third-best team but they would need a stellar performance from their goalie to take down one of the top two teams.

B- Yorktown is the clear favorite at this point. Their goalie has played very well so far, however, he is a freshman so be prepared for some inconsistency. Somers is not the team I thought they would be so far this year. I would say Mahopac and Horace Greeley have jumped them. The Somers vs Greeley matchup this Saturday will be interesting.

C- Down to Rye and Jay as predicted. I would give the edge to Rye as of now. Jay is not as good as I expected this year but still has room to grow. They are both fairly young teams so I expect them both to be firing on all cylinders by May. Pelham is a team to keep an eye on. They have a lot of talent and can take down Rye or Jay if they have an off day. A lot of the teams that I thought were going to be in the mix have underperformed. Byram Hills, Tappan Zee, Pearl River, and Hendrick Hudson are not in a position to compete for the title as of right now.

D- Nationally ranked Pleasantville is without a doubt the favorite as of now and may be the best team in Section 1. I predicted their offense would be great but their inexperienced defense deserves some respect. They bend but don't break. Bronxville and Briarcliff cannot be taken lightly. I would say Bronxville is the clear number two and have some close losses. They should trend upward. Briarcliff is trying to win rock fights with their zone defense and they have a surprising win over Mamo. Haldane is the team to watch and we have to wait until the last day of the regular season if they can surpass Briarcliff