Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yorktown loses a tough one to Darien 9-8 in 2OT. Was down 5-2 after one quarter and battled back. Good showing, but Darien looked very unimpressive. Their goalie had 2 saves by my count, and both were shots that hit him in the chest.

Lets give a little credit where credit is due, maybe they looked unimpressive because Y-TOWN made them look that way. Goalie from Y had a great game, made them stop shooting from the outside and coaches had an awesome game plan.
Just calling it like I see it. Darien looked poor against a good not great NC team, and it continued in this game. Missing the net on open looks, and dropping the ball on simple and accurate passes. The goalie literally hasn't made a stick save on an outside shot all year. Yorktown played decently and the goalie played well, but just pointing out that I don't think a 2OT loss to Darien is as strong a signal as it might've seemed coming into the season. Also I disagree that they made them stop shooting from outside -- they went to zone precisely to invite Darien to shoot from distance, and their goalie was up to the task. Good coaching adjustment after a first quarter where they struggled in man-to-man.