This guy nailed it right here : Not mine . Listen up ME

Lets be honest.

Every club, in any state will have at least a couple of girls that get recruited to top schools. These will be the best athletes and would have succeeded in any sport, and to those girls we say congratulations. These young woman are from Colorado, California, Texas etc..., but that by no means make the clubs they come from as competitive as clubs from Long Island, or Maryland. All that means is that some naturally athletic girls picked up a stick and put in hours and hours against a wall.

In the case of Mass Elite I see a club that has been around for a while, in a state where Lax is finally starting to catch on, and is finally being able to put together a single year of girls that are fairly competitive, and to those girls that get recruited to any scholl we say congratulations, welcome to the club. But that in no means makes you a top tier club in line with Long Island and Maryland.

I have been involved with lax for decades of my life with both boys and girls, and have seen at least a hundred girls clubs evolve in that time, some peak and than struggle, some slowly grow to become powerhouses. I have seen Mass Elite in more than a few tournaments and have watched them evolve from a fustrated club that can't hang with L.I. teams, causing them to turn to thuggery to keep up, to a team that is finally starting to figure it out. But make no mistake you are a teen playing in an adult world, and that is a best case scenario.

Yes, you have some naturally talented players within your club, but the proof of how good a club, or an entire region, is in any sport, is how well roll players do. Every region will have there big scorers succeed, and that is what is happening at M.E. causing the parents up in Mass. to think something that is not true. The roll players on L.I. and in Md. are almost as good as you top tier players in every other region, and that is why you will continue to struggle against us.

Remember one simple fact about L.I. and Md., Lacrosse is like a religion in these places. If you walk down any residential street or go to any high school or sports field you will see lacrosse cages in use in December and January, it is non stop in these places. we love this game. Now some day you might catch up, or even surpass us, but that day is not today