Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hmm here's and interesting fact : Current Team USA roster . Littered with Ny, md , nj girls out of 25 players 1 mass ... now that's says a lot about Mass lacrosse ! How bout that ME. Trumpeter ...

Why is this so hard for you to understand. No one, or at least not me, is arguing that Mass lax as a whole is somehow better than NY/MD lax, just as our local sport, hockey, makes your kids look like ankle skaters (maybe u know what that is?). But the ME 2019 team, specifically the top 10-14 players, can go toe to toe with any team in their age group. Why does that bother you so much? Its a small group, unique to this age group. This is the 2019 thread. Seems ok.

I think the reason it bothers LI and MD parents is they have done nothing to earn that reputation. They could have played in any number of championship tournaments against the MD , Heroes, Skywalkers , YJ teams but have elected not to. Those teams have put it on the line against each other for years . In short just because you say they are means nothing they have to prove it .

Fair enough. And I agree. It frustrates us as well because we know our girls would be better for having played those teams all the time, win or lose. You have to remember that most of those tournaments are a solid 5-6 hour drive for us (8+ w summer traffic on Friday and Sunday nights) so it is not that simple. But your point is very true.

LOL. 5-6 hour drive? That's what's been keeping ME from running with the big dogs? That is easily the drive from the island and about $100 in tolls to play against those teams that the ME people want to compare themselves to. And as some other posters have said - you finally decide to venture out after most of those LI and MD girls are committed and acting mostly as cheerleaders.
Another ME commenter a while back said that the Heroes team they played at G8 only played a short bench - well - they do have a short bench and probably mostly sat their commits. Just like the LI teams do when its a showcase. Next time you guys decide to endure that "rigorous" travel - leave your excuses and other players at home. If you want to say that your top 14 can go toe to toe - then bring them. But, make sure they work on their cardio - they'll be dealing with at least two middie lines from the real top 5's.

Lets see how many inaccurate statements you can make in one post ... Heros played their best players. They were not "sat" at all. We were the ones that sat our best players as we brought and played all 22 field players. So you got that one backwards. It is a longer drive from Boston than from LI, or maybe you just don't know geography? There are at least two middie lines on ME that can run with yours moron. Honestly, who do you think you are kidding? You want to name yours? I'll put ours up against them any time. Make sure they work on cardio? Please. You are a funny tough guy about girls lacrosse. Next thing you know you will be betting that your girls balls are bigger than ours. (hint, ours don't have them)

Just like dad.