Originally Posted by Anonymous
" You are 100pct incorrect about Phelps. He only swam." Your quote.

Because you responded like a tool I will treat you like one.
"When he entered Towson High School, Michael toyed with the idea of going out for football, and later played on the golf team" a quote from his biography , last I checked golf is a sport.

"important point here is that a singular high school sport is truly a year round thing at most high schools - workouts, off season practices, off season leagues"
"And nobody said playing one sport year round"

I used two of your quotes here to show what a tool bag you are and thanks for telling us what a fantastic athlete you thought you were , again what a loser.

"And later played on the golf team" ... yeah ok please. Quite the cross training genius with all the answers. And while he was on the golf team, he also swam every morning toolbag.

All the coaches pay lip service to the value of multi-sport athletes. And there is truth in it. But when it comes down to it, most are hypocrites and want high schoolers to have a stick in their hand year-round. Not to mention that injuries occur not just from over use, but from playing too many sports. How about the hockey player girl in our town (D1 commit) who decided to go out for lax and tore her ACL in pre-season? How'd that multi-sport attempt work out for her?