Originally Posted by Anonymous
A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

how far do the girls drive to get to practice? from what I understand its basically a regional, multi state organization and you still have never put a trophy on the mantle. but some solid wins so be happy about it. just don't expect people to be overly impressed because you have a fraction of the D1 commits of YJ or M&D and a handful of others who, by the way, have won dozens of tournaments each.

I think this poster said their kid was NOT on Mass Elite but that his/her daughter played w some of the girls at Under Armour. So I think this was a very reasonable, unaffiliated opinion. Some of those commits you refer to had offers from North Carolina and other places you might deem to be quite good lax schools. They chose other places. Different choices for different families, and no "right" answer. Just to clarify, Mass Elite generally draws from south and west of Boston, including Rhode Island. Providence is only about 35-40 minutes from where ME practices. They get the occasional players from the north side of Boston, but the traffic can be tough for practice. So probably a bit more "regional" than clubs in other areas, but not crazily so. The 2019 ME team happens to be a very strong class for the program. Where most grades at Mass Elite are good but in the second tier of clubs behind the YJs etc, I think it is fair to put the 2019s in the top tier category. They can generally play with anyone and if they were to shorten their bench like some clubs do, I would guess can beat anybody on any given day. Not that lists are the end all be all, but two of the players are on the top 20 sophomore Young Guns IL list and that doesn't include the girl that was the overall MVP at UA, someone who probably could/should be on there. Not looking to get in an argument, just saw these posts on here and wanted to put some perspective around it. For the record, my daughter plays for Mass Elite, but bounces between our "A" and "B" teams. The age group all practices together and tournament rosters are set for each tournament separately. Unlike other programs where the teams are set for the season. Girls get moved up and down throughout the year depending on who signs up for a tournament and how they have been progressing. So I know these girls and families pretty well. They are a good group. Sometimes frustratingly so smile

Sounds fair enough, I would not use UA as a benchmark for how good the mass elite 2019 team is but again a very solid team from what I have seen. Would I put them in top 5 , no but definitely knocking on the door.

I would. But to each their own. How many times have you seen them play? Can't imagine very often. And for sure you haven't seen them shorten their bench, because they never do. So it's a hypothetical argument anyway, and one that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

[quote=Anonymous]A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

how far do the girls drive to get to practice? from what I understand its basically a regional, multi state organization and you still have never put a trophy on the mantle. but some solid wins so be happy about it. just don't expect people to be overly impressed because you have a fraction of the D1 commits of YJ or M&D and a handful of others who, by the way, have won dozens of tournaments each.

I think this poster said their kid was NOT on Mass Elite but that his/her daughter played w some of the girls at Under Armour. So I think this was a very reasonable, unaffiliated opinion. Some of those commits you refer to had offers from North Carolina and other places you might deem to be quite good lax schools. They chose other places. Different choices for different families, and no "right" answer. Just to clarify, Mass Elite generally draws from south and west of Boston, including Rhode Island. Providence is only about 35-40 minutes from where ME practices. They get the occasional players from the north side of Boston, but the traffic can be tough for practice. So probably a bit more "regional" than clubs in other areas, but not crazily so. The 2019 ME team happens to be a very strong class for the program. Where most grades at Mass Elite are good but in the second tier of clubs behind the YJs etc, I think it is fair to put the 2019s in the top tier category. They can generally play with anyone and if they were to shorten their bench like some clubs do, I would guess can beat anybody on any given day. Not that lists are the end all be all, but two of the players are on the top 20 sophomore Young Guns IL list and that doesn't include the girl that was the overall MVP at UA, someone who probably could/should be on there. Not looking to get in an argument, just saw these posts on here and wanted to put some perspective around it. For the record, my daughter plays for Mass Elite, but bounces between our "A" and "B" teams. The age group all practices together and tournament rosters are set for each tournament separately. Unlike other programs where the teams are set for the season. Girls get moved up and down throughout the year depending on who signs up for a tournament and how they have been progressing. So I know these girls and families pretty well. They are a good group. Sometimes frustratingly so smile

Sounds fair enough, I would not use UA as a benchmark for how good the mass elite 2019 team is but again a very solid team from what I have seen. Would I put them in top 5 , no but definitely knocking on the door.

I would. But to each their own. How many times have you seen them play? Can't imagine very often. And for sure you haven't seen them shorten their bench, because they never do. So it's a hypothetical argument anyway, and one that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

top 5:M&D, YJ, SW, Capital and Heros in no particular order TG,ME,Liberty,TLC and Steps next 5 in no particular order.

Usually true. Not in this age group. ME has never lost to the group you put them in. But all on here are correct, they don't get to play a lot against the better competition. If they did regularly, it would make them better. Wish they could.