I absolutely directed my daughter away from more highly ranked lacrosse programs towards what I believed were better academic opportunities for her. This is not to say that there are not great schools that have highly ranked lacrosse programs. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive. However, for what worked for us academically and financially, we did not have any top 10 programs on her list though some of those schools showed interest during the recruiting process.

She also seriously considered a range of DIII schools for academic purposes and because the potential for merit aid was greater in some of those instances.

Why would that surprise anybody and why would that be considered unusual behavior? The overwhelming likelihood is that she will be completely done playing lacrosse when she is 22. Why wouldn't we make it an academic and financial decision first?

As for the various schools listed, that was a list I feel strongly about for OUR purposes, and which seemed to provide one set of answers for the earlier poster that asked the question. Others will obviously have to make their own list on their own and I am sure no two lists will be the same.

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!