Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you have an awfull lot of detail for a story you "heard". why would anyone share a private matter with someone who then posts the story here? Any chance you are trying to make W & L into the holy grail of academia?

No chance that I am attempting to tout for W&L. I "heard" it from one of the boy's parents. For me with my son, it is a reminder that there are no guarantees until he is actually admitted. Which, I think, is an important lesson about this whole process. As far as W&L is concerned, I think it is a wonderful school for the right man or woman; FYI neither my wife nor I, nor any of our relatives attended W&L, AND my son is not considering W&L. Last thing I will say about W&L is that it does seem as though the coach is an honorable person and clearly was blind-sided by the admissions committee. Whether there is more to the story than that, I don't know.

Seems like a highly unlikely scenario based on the kids academic record. He would have easily been admitted to ANY Ivy as a recruited lax kid with those grades and board scores. Sounds like there is much to the story that you didn't "hear".