It appears to me that some on this site would have us believe that the best lacrosse players have very little chance at being successful in life. It is also apparent that some believe that any major other than engineering or some medical related field is a clear indication that the student athlete is not concerned at all with academics. It is implied by some that all of the young women who compete at the highest level study basket weaving in the classroom.

As with most of the topics discussed on this site the “know it all mentality” and “what we do is the best” along with hate, jealousy and bitterness come out.

When the kids are young its “my team is better than your team” , “Your team has not even won a tournament”, “your coach is ----“. “yeah, you won the tournament but only because no good teams were there”, “she is a ball hog she should pass the ball”, “if she passed the ball my daughter could score a goal too”.

Now that the girls have reached recruiting age we have people knocking the top programs in the country. Many of the top lacrosse schools are also top academic institutions as well.

How many girls that were offered a spot at Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Princeton, Stanford, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown, Penn, Hopkins or North Carolina said no thanks, I’m going to go to: Elon, Colgate, Lafayette, Manhattan etc...

How about this, they are all good schools. Have your daughter go to the school that is the best fit for her.