Originally Posted by Anonymous
OK...I thought about this some more, and here is a great list of DI schools where TEACHING is a priority over research and where merit, need-based, and athletic aid are available...in no particular order:

Army, Navy, Lehigh, Lafayette, Bucknell, Furman, Elon, Davidson, Binghamton (Harpur College segment of Binghamton is EXCELLENT), William & Mary, and Richmond. And while not at the same level in MY opinion, maybe throw in Elon, Monmouth, Loyola, High Point, and Mt. St. Mary's which are all very good schools. I would love to put Colgate on this list, but no merit aid at Colgate.

So there is 16 schools where your kid can easily get an equal---and in most cases BETTER---education than virtually all of the large, name brand research universities and likely at a lower cost (after need, merit, and athletic aid).

And I didn't even mention DIII where there are far many more schools that fit the criteria you inquired about.

GOOD LUCK!

Good list except for Monmouth. Need less than a 1,000 SAT and it's almost $50,000 in tuition. You can do way better academically but lacrosse is on the rise there