Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some updated facts-
Men have 65 D1 Teams with 2,936 players and an average team size of 45 with 12.6 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $14,605 (many get nothing).

Women have 103 D1 Teams with 3,020 players and an average team size of 29 with 12 scholarship spots available (if program is fully funded)of those receiving money, the average athletic scholarship award is $15,748 (many get nothing)

About 12% of all high school varsity athletes will play in a D1, D2 or D3 college program

If your child wants to play, there is always a program for them if you don't get hung up on the scholarship.

My daughter has 4 of her friends playing in college and they didn't play club!!! From PAL straight to high school, that's it! (1 in D2, 3 in D3)

I agree with everything you said. But for girls it's much different than for guys. I personally know 3 girls on D1 lax team that never once got on the field for there HS varsity programs and they werent the best programs these girls just weren't that good. They got onto college teams through the YJ even though they weren't very good for them either. Point is you don't have to be very good as a female player to play D1, to many programs not enough talent. Complete opposite as the mens side.