Parent of a "committed" 2018 here. Just spent last August through February going through the process and got a change to learn alot good and bad.

Based on our experience different programs allocate scholarship money very differently. Some hold pretty firm to .25 scholarships per player. Others allocate the major portion of those scholarships to secure "franchise" players as a strategy to out recruit the big name programs.

Heading into the process we read that we should not expect anymore than a 25% scholarship. By other insiders were told that at max a top prospect would get 75%.

In the fall 2014 certain programs actually did offer a "virtual" full ride i.e, 95% of total costs. Another offered ~85% of tuition. Yet another big name coach directly used the words "full ride." While these offers statistically have to be rare, they do exist and are even a standard for 1-2 players/class for some programs.

Inline with the initial guidance I received I believe a top 20 player has chance at a "virtual" full ride (i85%+). top 50 maybe 50-75%, top 100 25-50%, and the remaining top 200 are likely to have a shot at 25%. Considering that (NCAA D1) programs apply different strategies and some are very unlikely to exceed 25%.

Do not at the end of the day a number of these programs (including non-scholarship schools like ivys) are top academic institutions, and guaranteed or preferred admissions possible via lacrosse have significant value sans "money" in such a highly competitive college admissions climate.

Oh and of course at the end of the day pre NLI in year, all scholarship allocations are just a "gentlemens agreement" and can change (though I have yet to hear of a coach outright reneging)