Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter verbally committed to a d1 school in tenth grade. 70 percent athletic with the opportunity for some academic money on top of that if she keeps her grades up which she is. No bull [lacrosse]. All truth. We are feeling quite excited for her because although it's not an ivy, it has a very good academic reputation as well.
I don't necessarily agree with what has become of the recruiting proceeds but this was what happened to her. Her particular class has six verbal commits. I will let you know if something goes sour but as for now- driving up and down the coast for four years has paid off.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! If your daughter is getting 70% at a great school your have just hit the powerball and she is probably in the top 5% of all kids that will play in college. Most will take the 20% offer to play at a weak program with so so academics at a school with a price tag of $50,000 or more. The 95% of us on here could drive from here to florida every weekend but if they weren't born with it all the training in the world isn't going to change a thing