Originally Posted by Anonymous
My recruiting experience with my daughter and her club team were excellent. She was given a 1 on 1 meeting with the club's recruiting coordinator, guidance all along the way in the form of emails, phone calls, bus tours, reaching out to coaches for her specifically, etc. The club also had a practice this winter where 15 college coaches just came to watch, I thought that was really awesome. The director and recruiting coordinator were more helpful and kind than I could have ever hoped for, and my daughter ended up finding a school that was the perfect fit for her. Very happy with our experience! The biggest thing we learned was to be proactive and make sure to stay on top of grades - it sounds obvious, but working on the SAT/ACT tests early definitely helped her in the end. The bus tour that our club set up was also key in her recruiting process. She was able to see 15 schools in 3 days, which is unbelievable. At each school the club had something set up with the college coach - a tour, a Q&A session, watching a game or practice..it was an exciting and educational experience. I have a son who is entering his "recruiting summer" and we have not had nearly as much guidance on that end, but hopefully it will turn around once we really start practicing in June.

I think your experience was great. Ours was very hit or miss and had none of this organization. Coaches strung our kid along, were very difficult to contact. Was a miserable experience. We ended up at a very solid school and got a decent scholarship around 30 percent, and the major we wanted. But it was a painful experience. I would recommend to most people to go high end D3. The coaches are generally more experienced and the process is much more transparent because they can communicate easily with a student and not violate NCAA rules.