[quote=Anonymous]it just seems like a lot of wasted time for your son's development. two years of "Five days a week for three weeks. Then the season goes for a little over a month. You have kids that can't catch or throw." I understand the whole playing with friends and such, but it doesn't help the better players at all. I guess maybe from a leadership point it helps, but not from a lacrosse standpoint.

You are expecting more out of MS sports than what they are indented to to. They are designed to provide an after school activity that teaches team work, sportsmanship, helps build character, etc. They are not supposed to be a feeder program for the HS nor are they intended to help athletes develop for the showcase tournaments that they may participate in as a rising freshman.

Yes, you have athletes of all different skill levels but that is the nature of the programs for all sports. Not every child begins playing a particular sport in 3rd or 4th grade. MS teams may be their first exposure to the sport. Those that continue to develop will go on to play at a higher level.

My sons played MS lacrosse in a very competitive school district. They had teammates/friends who made verbal D1 commits the following summer/fall. They also had teammates/friends who had just picked up a stick in 8th grade. None of that mattered to the team. They cheered just as loudly when one of the D1 commits scored the winning goal against a crosstown rival as when one of the nubes scored his first goal in a blow out.

Not everything learned on a MS team has to do with the sport.

If all you are looking for is the continued lacrosse development for your son than you should bypass the MS team. You will be very disappointed.