Originally Posted by Anonymous
not to change the subject or anything but I would welcome Bypassing Middle School Lax for Club Team. I don't buy into the "help the town and help the weaker kids" argument at all, the smarter kids never come over my house to help my kid do math homework and I couldn't care less about my HS rankings, I care about my own kid and whats best for him/her and I would love if he/she could play with her select team all year round and never have to play middle school with a bunch of new kids that aren't dedicated to the game.

So let's assume your kid gets recruited to play college lacrosse, maybe not top 10 D1 or have a chance at NCAA championship, but has an opportunity to play. Do you, or your son, turn it down because it's lower end D1, D2 or D3? Do you, or your son, quit if he is not a starter and maybe just a practice player? Do you, or your son, quit if the team has poor season?

My kids play town/school/PAL, town travel, and club travel. There are lessons learned at every level of play aside from what makes "ME" better. Being able to find a way to contribute to any team is a quality attribute, loyalty is another.

That said, if your decision is to go private, by all means support those clubs that are tied into those private schools. They are, in many ways, the middle school feeder to their high schools.