Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
District coaches are coaching the varsity and JV teams(current 8th graders and up). They care because they are loosing players in the summer to the club teams.

Ugh, that's just wrong. The clubs are where the kids are learning their skills and I wish the school coaches would remember that fact. I'll paint with a broad stroke here but my kids didn't learn bubkus from their school coaches, they learned what they learned from club programs and used those skills to better the school team, not the other way around. Your mileage may vary but that's how it is in my district, where coaches come from the teaching pool first and any teacher can hold on to their coaching position for as long as they want it, regardless of performance.

In our schools, the town team in the 7th and 8th grade sent a letter that if you do not play for the town club team, then I will severely affect your chances if Playing varsity! Also, the kids on that town club are forbidden to do any outside LAX.
They are B level at best in a tourney, yet our son plays for a AA club team. Why would thy not recognize the inherent value of letting a kid play high level club LAX and then bringing that experience back to the town team

If this is true- that is insane!!!!