Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, with just a couple of games left, I can say middle school lax wasn't so great. My son played a lot, but coaching was no better than PAL. Coach gets mad at offensive players for dodging and going to the cage??? Even when "plays" are not working.
The only positive is the kids play together with their friends.
I hate to say it, but I can see this MS stuff going away. If the travel teams start offering an alternative, it will be hard to justify playing MS. I even believe it won't be too far off when kids start bagging HS for Club. It's already happening with soccer. If you're in a so-so lax district, it might be a better option?

Middle School Sports is horrendous these days because it's not about the best players playing like it used to be for ALL school sports. Now everyone plays and most schools don't even cut.

My sons school team is mediocre at best yet they are 7-0. The teams they play can't even catch the ball. There have been entire games played where the other team hasn't gotten a shot on goal. Not because of how good the defense is but strictly due to how bad the players are. It's terrible for the strong players on our team because they rarely get to play more than a few minutes due to the scores being out of hand and the coach playing the weakest kids for 3 quarters.