Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The poster--me--does not have a problem with club teams. My middle school son plays on one (A team) and therefore cannot play on the town team--3 village has a rule against playing on a club and also playing on the town...

I supposse that is why we enjoy middle school, my son gets to play with friends that either dont want the club experience or simply can't make an A squad.

You seem very defensive--or passive agressive. Sorry you are not having a good experience

Foolish, silly-really? Try seeing the bright side of things from time to time, you will feel better.

You seem all full of vim and vigor. Clearly your son is one of the top players (for now). Try walking in someone elses shoes for just a minute. I would guess in a tight game like the one you're talking about, maybe 20 kids from each team, the kids that start on either of the two 1&3 or 2&4 lines, got any real play time. The rest of the kids and their parents probably 40 plus kids combined from both teams got to watch a great game. Until you know what that feels like, tone it down a bit. I'm sure a number of those kids who watched a lot, could play on many other MS teams. Surely many of them could make a travel team. Guess what? As you move into HS, play time is worse. D1 commits not playing at top HS programs as seniors, juniors also D1 commits, no play time. As well as top D3 commits and prospects. Be humble, and respectfull of all the players, hopefully your son will never find himself in this situation...

Cuts need to be made. They do it for academic classes. The same needs to be done for athletic teams. A Lacrosse team should have 22 max. Period!!