Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't most kids from GC and Man play outside the town? Every travel team I see is full of kids with helmets from these towns. Are these towns now putting pressure on the kids to play only with the town over the summer?
If so, it kind of flys in the face of the reasoning to go town only. GC was number one team in the country and the kids all played on outside travel teams.

Not the other posters point (I believe)

someone mentioned HS doesn't matter. I think many (GC, Manhasset) and many others would disagree. Many do play outside the town for club teams, however the town is still very strong as these players contribute to both. If you are in a good district/with a good program, HS matters very much, and the benefits of finding a way to contribute can be realized in middle school with support from the top down. Some are fortunate in that players can do both with appreciation of the best end result.

All players/families find there place- town only, town/HS and club, club "#" and private HS. You have to be able to assess your own situation and do what is best. Not to say it is easy or always available.