Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are talking about Team Smithtown, I don't understand why you would have a problem with JV/Varsity coaches wanting kids to play with school team. Are you talking in H.S. or middle school ? Smithtown West has been a nationally ranked program for a while, sending many players to top D-1,D-2 and D-3 colleges. If you're son is a good player he will be looked at playing for Smithtown West. Now Smithtown East- not as good, but they still have players play top college lax. I'm sure you already know this. If your son was on one of top 3 club teams in high school and went to S.E. , then I think you may have a decision to make. If he is going to West , I would have him play for H.S. team. If he is talented he will get looked at. The varsity/J.V. coaches want kids to play together for cohesiveness and to learn their system. Is it selfish ? Maybe, but like I said the programs are some of the best on L.I. and I'm sure they want to keep it that way.

Problem with Smithtown is that they are so deep that you could be a kid who gets college looks but they will never know about since you ride the bench in SMithtown. Meanwhile you cold get playing time on a travel team and get lots of looks