Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are talking about Team Smithtown, I don't understand why you would have a problem with JV/Varsity coaches wanting kids to play with school team. Are you talking in H.S. or middle school ? Smithtown West has been a nationally ranked program for a while, sending many players to top D-1,D-2 and D-3 colleges. If you're son is a good player he will be looked at playing for Smithtown West. Now Smithtown East- not as good, but they still have players play top college lax. I'm sure you already know this. If your son was on one of top 3 club teams in high school and went to S.E. , then I think you may have a decision to make. If he is going to West , I would have him play for H.S. team. If he is talented he will get looked at. The varsity/J.V. coaches want kids to play together for cohesiveness and to learn their system. Is it selfish ? Maybe, but like I said the programs are some of the best on L.I. and I'm sure they want to keep it that way.

A lot of kids (turtles/91/outlaws/express) that have been playing club for years are about to enter HS.. I would think playing AA with club is a lot better than being on East or West teams, and for the coaches to hold it against the kids is ridiculous.. When my kid enters this age, I will look to the club to help him get college looks not these selfish coaches.