Originally Posted by Anonymous
Speaking of hormones - recently overheard one long island 2016 kid tell another on an airplane that they take hormone injections because "my dad says it will make me grow". Looking at this kid, he was slightly bigger than his friend. This is now the second one that I've heard about in this grade - the other being a clearly over zealous father in a well-to-do town with a rich lax history. Parents messing with mother nature regardless of long term repurcussions or just medically necessary? Anybody else hearing anything along these lines?
This post is pathetic. Not only is hormone injection outside of a doctor's medically documented need a criminal offense, but as a parent, for you to have "heard" this serious issue and walk away from the situation - only to then post on our BOTC Main Message Forum - implies one of several things :

[1] You condone this behavior and have chosen to discuss the issue for personal validation.

[2] You do not condone the behavior but refuse to be an adult and confront the situation for the better health of the young man involved.

[3] You have made up this story in order to drive some off-topic discussion.

Here at BOTC, we are hoping that the answer is [3]. In either of the first two cases, you are crossing the line into criminal behavior and that is objectionable at any level.