Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not that poster but my daughter is a 25 and we didn’t start anything until this year. Anything before is a complete waste. I see thr 26-27 at these things and it’s insane….that thr parents waste the time and money and to thr coaches that promote it. Everything is split up once you get there by age. So the 26-27 aren’t even looked at because the coaches can completely avoid going to those fields. I’d you want experience of what to expect…go for it…once. At one that is close by so you don’t need to stay in a hotel and waste more money. Ans I say this as my child is a 2025 in the recruiting period. She isn’t going. Too 20 so maybe that matters…I don’t think so because we have friends whose kids are. And as others mentioned they know who they want already just by team, tournaments etc. just have your child be thr one emailing schools when it’s time, highlight video, etc. we are headed into the most important tournament season…fall of junior year president’s cup. Coaches will be there watching so we know this is super important. I will say, we know girls that didn’t commit to top schools until may of junior year….top 10 schools. There is no rhyme or reason to any or this. Sorry this sounds fool…the whole process is.

detest to break it to you, but if you are targeting the top 2/3s of division 1, the summer was the most important tourney season. 90% of all spots at top 50 schools will be filled by November. They may add a girl or two as a preferred walk on, but their recruiting will likely be done by early November.

At Presidents Cups, LFTC, Chespeake Invite, most top college coaches will be focused on 26s.

100% not true. No one looking at 2026 yet. And if you reread what I posted, not looking at a top 10 school. It’s parents like you that cause the panic and promote the lies and nonsense.