Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's unfortunate for all the 2027 teams heading to the MD CUP this year. It appears that only the STEVENSON group will be involved in a playoff all other teams play four games and head home. The same thing happened last year which is why allot of the better teams are going to the MID ATLANTIC the same weekend

STEVENSON GROUP
#3 YJ Stadler
#14 Steps California
#15 Prime Time
#25 Monster Elite Purple
#26 Team 1 Wildcats
#28 LI Top Gun Black

Why is FLG ranked #12 in B bracket?

Curious what everyone considers an A team or B team? Is top 20 considered A and the next 20 considered B?

I would think top 20 would be a good marking point. But in reality, the 20th best "A" team is light years behind the top 3 or 4 teams. But you have to start the A conversation somewhere. So 20 sounds about right
It's unfortunate for all the 2027 teams heading to the MD CUP this year. It appears that only the STEVENSON group will be involved in a playoff all other teams play four games and head home. The same thing happened last year which is why allot of the better teams are going to the MID ATLANTIC the same weekend

STEVENSON GROUP
#3 YJ Stadler
#14 Steps California
#15 Prime Time
#25 Monster Elite Purple
#26 Team 1 Wildcats
#28 LI Top Gun Black

Why is FLG ranked #12 in B bracket?

Curious what everyone considers an A team or B team? Is top 20 considered A and the next 20 considered B?

I would think top 20 would be a good marking point. But in reality, the 20th best "A" team is light years behind the top 3 or 4 teams. But you have to start the A conversation somewhere. So 20 sounds about right

From my perspective, the top 7 are A-plus and the 8-30 are A. And there is a major gap between them.

you can’t convince me there is any material difference
between the 30th ranked team and the 8th or 9th.

For instance if #11 Steps beat #5 eagle stix, it would be a major upset. But if #29 Team 180 beat #11 steps, it would be a minor upset at best.

This is why the second bracket in tourneys is usually the most competitive because anyone can beat anyone else.

Look at MD Cup, with the exception of YJ North, any team in the MD bracket can beat anyone else. I highly doubt anyone goes 4-0.