Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think this person is looking at 2021. i do not believe any of the fall tourny's have posted their schedules. Please Fact not Fiction

Go to the fall draw website. FLG is playing Philly Blast, CLC C team, Jersey Shore Select

Legacy Blue playing Eagle Stix A, Steps A, Sound

Liberty playing Steps A, CLC, Sound

Legacy White playing CLC B, Snipers, ASK

How does a team ranked 8th nationally get placed in such a weak bracket?

When you sign up for the tournaments, you choose your bracket -- Very competitive -- Elite, Highly competitive, or Competitive.

The top brackets likely picked Elite, the next two picked Highly competitive and the rest (including FLG) picked competitive. FLG is in the best group of the "competitive" teams.

What complicates this tourney a bit is that you can also choose preferred slot if you want (morning or afternoon). Most tourney directors will guarantee morning slots to teams with long journeys (who are likely flying) like Eagle Stix, Steps California and Team One.

That said, if FLG requested Elite, they would at a minimum be in one of the top two brackets and have 3 very good games.

This seems strange. I've never known FLG to duck anyone. Especially top competition. lol

If your strategy is to maximize your US club lax ranking, this is exactly what you do. Play mostly teams ranked 40-70 in the country.

If it much easier to beat the #50 team by 8 then to simply beat a top 10 team. The way rankings work, beating the #50 team in the country by 8 will usually get you more points than tying the #10 team.