Originally Posted by Anonymous
AS had big turnout for 27’s today. Looks like they could have 3 teams. Does anyone know who will be coaching these teams?

Don't do it if you don't already play for YJ. You will never see the field no matter how good you are.

Hope that is not true

American Select (or All American for that matter) are not showcases and don't claim to be. Why shouldn't best players play? No different than any high-level club event.

THIS!! Teams play to win. The playing time you get is the playing time you get.

Completely agree. However, I would be upset if my daughter never even got a chance to impress coaches. If she isn't good enough, so be it. However, to never get a chance in something else.

If she isn't good enough, don't put her on the team! How can you charge 700 for a team that is supposedly made up of ALL elite players (so some parity is assumed) and have girls who rarely get to play? If this is the case, why would anyone pay this much money knowing their daughter might not get significant playing time? Especially at this age when coaches aren't watching anymore.

Well, this is a fundamental problem when the people picking the team are different than the people coaching the team.

However, I have no problem with this as as long as girls are given a shot. This is actually good prep for future showcases/teams where girls need to impress a coach they may not know well or are a backup and get limited reps which they need to maximize.

In terms of $$, this is where girls needs to be honest with themselves. Would you join a club team where you are one of the bottom players on the roster? Same applies here. If a girl thinks she is at the bottom of the roster, she should only accept the spot knowing she may not play much.

The positive thing about the LI team is that they are talented enough that there should be a couple of blowouts so bench players can get more PT.