Originally Posted by Anonymous
Probably a roster issue. The week of LLL is the week that jv/v basketball starts. Assuming a few players from their already small roster are playing up. I know their head coach coaches varsity. Team probably did not want to go with little players/no subs. This has to be an issue for many teams.
Not really all teams go with small rosters, Really feel bad for the kids that are all in on that team, they should move on.

Agreed. If my daughter was on that team and we backed out of one of the biggest fall tourneys, I would be beyond pissed. Curious if they will back out of Fall Draw the weekend before as well.

FLG has at least 3-4 girls that play varsity basketball and another 3-4 that will be playing JV basketball. First practice for JV and Varsity is November 19 and the girls need a specified number of practices to play in first game. They are in a Fall league and playing 2 other tournaments which should be enough for 12 and 13 year old girls that are not of recruiting age and play other sports.

Don’t they have to try out first?
Apparently not!!!

To be fair, with all the summer league basketball games (with full coaching). Tryouts are pretty irrevelevant. Coaches know who they want on the team.

They have some tall athletic girls on that team, can see a few playing high school hoops but half the roster?

High school Winter season starts Nov 14 and it’s a 6 day a week commitment. Will be difficult for middle schoolers playing up to attend a Saturday tourney after that date.