Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m new to TG and don’t really come on here much. I’m reading these posts about the coach. My daughter can handle yelling but killing confidence is different. Does he really belittle the girls?

No, pot stirrer whose daughter was cut and likes to exaggerate. If your daughter works hard and is coachable, she will do great. Pretty much like anywhere else. My daughter has been with TG for over five years. AS is her coach. He truly cares about the girls, and pretty much every girl on my daughters team is going to play in college at a great school. Keep in mind that there are unhappy people on all teams. Good luck!

You must be a lacrosse genius to be able to know already that the 13-14 yr olds on the team will all play college ball at a great school.

They will if they follow the advice of the coach. Proven record of getting girls into top notch schools. Worked out great for my older daughter.

Ummm. did you see their 2024 commits?

Only 2 girls to top 25 schools -- Maryland and StonyBrook.

Most of the rest to lower tier schools both academically and athletically -- Hofstra, Elon, Wagner, FDU, Sacred Heart, FDU, LIU, Marist[/quote]

Did you see there ‘23s heading to the best of the best in a couple weeks. AS the coach. Work hard, good things will happen[/quote]

TG 2023 were the number 1 team in the country. Of course they were going to have girls going to the most Top 20 schools. The 2024’s barley could beat high level B teams and lost to any top ranked A team. There best 2024 on that team played on the 2023 team most of her club career till recruitment. The 2027 black team is on track to being a replica of the 24’s so please tell me how AS is gonna get them into top schools on the next level. As far as training he is a good coach but you pay him for all this training on the side. If your daughter can not handle constant yelling and being told after games that her team [Censored] and being berated for 20 minutes after every loss then you better rethink your choice. Don’t let these TG people tell you she’s going to a top school based on the 23’s success they were a special group.[/quote]

So what are you saying. TG 24’s were ranked around 20. You can’t get into a strong academic school playing lacrosse on a team ranked in the 20’s?[/quote]

If history is a guide, for A teams ranked between 20 and 35 or so, these are what you typically see in terms of recruiting. I would expect TG to do similar for their 2027 team.

2-3 girls going to top 25 programs
5-7 girls going to next level 20-60 programs
2-3 girls going to low D1 programs (think MAC, Big South, Northeast)
3-4 girls going to NESCAC or high-quality D3
The rest going to D2 or lower level D3

Look at teams final rankings and it's pretty consistent.

Sometimes West coast, south or midwest clubs may have a few more towards the top and a few more who don't play at all since their rosters tend to be more top-heavy. CT clubs may do a little better since they often have mostly girls who aren't looking for any $$ at all.

B teams like YJB, Heros White, M&D Red may not have any top 25 girls, but will have lots of second-tier lacrosse schools.