Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anything going to be done to fix the MD state playoffs? These brackets are a complete joke, no disrespect to the celebratory regional champs photos, but oy, how is this the Mecca of Lacrosse?

What do you suggest genius?
Not the OP(or a genius) but the simple solution is to arrange it similar to how NCAA does it. Get together to seed the teams and understand that location will play a part just like NCAA does. That's why Denver played Stanford in the first round despite being in the same conference as travel was an issue. But come to a consensus top 4-8 teams and make sure that they don't play until the quarter/semis/finals(assuming they win).

Since I am on a roll and fixing everything, lets change the IAAM to 8 teams in the A, 8 in the B, and 11 in the C division. This way A/B can get home and home against the rival teams each year (14 games instead of the current 13). Then treat it similar to soccer around the world and move the winner of each conference up and the last place team down the following year. This would create a whole lot more excitement for all regular season games.

Love to add a Private vs Public championship but timing cant work sadly but having an all senior all star game could be great fun for all and a great way to honor these girls and not have their season/career come to such an abrupt end.

Oh and add a shot clock to all public schools and the DC privates. I understand it costs money but if basketball and football can figure it out from a budget standpoint so can public schools and the DC privates.

Off to go post my solutions to inflations, the middle east, and Artificial Intelligence on some other smack talking boards