as the parent of a public school player there are lots of changes needed. the first and most important change is that public schools need to have "cross county divisions" for regular season play like the IAMM has. i know it's fun to have the spirit of playing against the other teams in your county but there's not enough good teams. you get these fool lopsided games that you would eliminate with divisions. Imagine if St. paul's had to keep playing a school like St Tim's who is a "C" division team because they're geographically close together. i know there are scrimmages and out of conference play but divisions would be best. Secondly they need to have shots clocks even if each team has their team manager or a parent volunteer sit at the actual shot clock and keep it. that way if you're at a field that doesn't utilize a scoreboard as a previous poster said you can still have portable shot clock. it can just be one the sits on the ground. although in four years of watching public school girls lax i've never been to a field without a scoreboard. thirdly , if a team is up by more than 10 or more they need to let the clock run and not stop it at each foul. a fourth which is an idea i hadn't thought of but another poster listed it is a 10 or more goal rule where then the shot clock could be turned off. that would solve the problem of an even more lopsided game because of having to shoot within 90 seconds. i would also say they need a tyker " up by more than 10" draw rule where the losing team automatically gets the draw possession but that may be too extreme. really the best way to line the public up with IAMM is divisions that span across counties. Pick any good IAMM "A" lax team then pick a school that is geographically close to them but in the "c"
or even low "B" and imagine if that's the kind of team the A division girls had to play. public schools team (the strong ones but also the team who aren't strong) don't want to play these blowouts. Both the winning and losing team detest it!!!