Originally Posted by Anonymous
Times have changed.
Century is not good. Hereford is average. Broadneck is ok.
Glenelg , Towson and SP are top 3. MV is next level but hasn’t beat anyone good yet. Marriotts ridge is solid. Liberty wins by stall ball. They would struggle vs teams with the shot clock.
I definitely agree on getting rid of regions and seeding. The final four will be lucky to have 2 really good teams there.

The Elite list was year over year, so there is definitely ebbs and flows. Century has won 9 titles, including an undefeated season last year, and has only been playing varsity lacrosse since 2004. I agree they aren't elite this season, but I doubt the talent has dried up in Sykesville/Eldersburg. They'll be back.

I just looked at Man Val schedule and with the exception of Franklin, every team they played had a winning record against quality opponents. But yes, they did not schedule any IAAM. They have to go through Glenelg in the 2A region, so we will see what they are made of.

1A champ will be the winner of South Carroll/Liberty and play Fallston
2A champ will be the winner of Glenelg/Man Val and play Hereford or Middletown
3A final will be good with SP, Towson, and Westminster/Marriotts Ridge Winner. I say SP.
4A Champ will be Broadneck and they'll play Dualney

Another year, another year of the same teams. It was refreshing 2 years ago when Queen Anne's and Middletown broke through. Don't see that happening this season.