Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Great players don’t equal great coaches.
My opinion-teams/coaches like mcd(even ndp)rely on a similar strategy to what worked for TC back In The day. She was a once in a generation player but they are trying to now hold their top girls to that same standard. Not fair to those girls or the team as they are simply not tc despite being very good. In addition, defenders and defenses have gotten stronger and so the idea of a girls who can penetrate and score at will against any team is simply more challenging that 10 years ago. Mcd and ndp need to adapt or pray for the next coming of tc and stop running offenses thru a single source. I also believe that the talent at mcd overall isn’t as strong as they have had in years past(hence why cr was fired). They have good players but all of the top tiers do(even some of the lower tier). They need to adapt to a faster team game and away from the single driver/flopper. I am sure people will disagree but number don’t like and mcd and ndp are 1-9 over the last 2 years against the top 2 teams in the iaam (spsg and gcs) with most losses being by 5 or more and the only win by a single goal. Sorry for the rant but traveling this week and have nothing to do at hotel bar but waste my time on back of the cage.