Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which HS was impacted the most by last years graduating class and which will be the most impacted by rising Soph. & incoming Fr? I’m guessing Maryvale with incoming and rising will be positively impacted. Manchester Valley will also be positively impacted. Any thoughts?

Maryvale, SPSG and GCS are the top teams most impacted by graduation of top players.

McDonogh, Spalding, and GFS had only a couple of starters graduate.

I don’t think anyone can predict the impact of unproven sophomores nor freshman who haven’t played a minute in high school. Most of these girls have only played against girls the same age. Some girls will be able to adjust to the speed, size and skill that they will encounter against the top IAAM teams. For most, it take awhile before they adjust and are able to make an impact. CR at Maryvale and KL at McDonogh were really the only two who jumped right in and had a major impact.

All of the top teams have talented players ready to step in but it’s usually juniors and sophomores who have had a season or two practicing and playing varsity already.

I’m just excited to see some great games this year. And who the next big names emerge.