Originally Posted by Anonymous
So will Mercy and Mt De Sales get moved down to B conference. Lots talking about bottom 2 automatic move. What will they do if GCS and Garrison don’t have varsity teams. A 10 team A conference would be really good.

Lots not talking

Did GFS even survive against Mercy?

GFS 15-8 over Mercy.

They had a lot of talented girls on offense which is why they scored a lot of goals. All but one of those girls is a senior. So, I’m not sure how they will improve in the A conference without a JV and half the team graduating.

They will not survive in the A conference. They barely survived in A this year with all of the talent they had. Only two of the 11 girls returning next year played a significant amount of time this year. 3 of the 11 are goalies. All others stood on the sidelines for the last year +. Coaches told a few of the girls there are only 2 incoming freshman, which leaves a team of 13 plus whoever else decides they want to be a lacrosse player for a season.

This is not true. I know for a fact there are 7 coming in from other places not to mention anyone coming from the middle school. If some of the girls at McD, Maryvale, St Pauls etc who are on JV now may never see varsity (regardless of how good they are) they should consider looking at schools like GFS and/or GCS where they can get excellent opportunities to contribute to the lacrosse programs.

The AD is actively emailing students at other schools now along with trying to get her daughter to bring RPCS kids over. I guess this isn’t a violation and it’s a team not a program. GFS is a sinking ship. Nobody trying to jump on. Those 7 will reconsider when they see GFS in B with zero returning starters