Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels now have 2 full time employees that will focus on recruiting. These are very lacrosse connected men.

Recruiting , in the first three months, is about 3, 4 or 5 stars. That what the coaches competing for. And that is what helps recruiting, not a recruiting coordinator imho , The rest of us have to do 95% of it on our own.

Yes and no. The 3-5 star player almost always get recruited 1st. Those kids usually do not need the help of the recruiting coordinator. But many kids who are not in that category get phone calls and emails. Some even make commitments in the early fall. Look at last year there were at least a dozen kids who were not star recruits made commitments in the fall the recruiting coordinator can help market your kid. I do agree with doing a lot of it on our own. My 2023 started to get phone calls and emails in November. That was because we were very proactive in sending film and emailing. He started sending film in July and filling out recruitment questionnaires.

That’s not a lot. There was only one 5 star on Long Island (Ty Xanders list), which is still the standard for now. And I think 6 in the top 50 were from LI. So there many great players not even on the list. Think of how good some of the ‘24 LI teams where.