Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Starting an open debate. With this group now heading into the last year, what is better…playing time on a competitive team or meaningless minutes on a AA team? I get it practice with better players has an advantage, but only at the younger grades. Now it’s all about field time. You all invested so much, and now, in the last year, your son needs to play and play in one goal games in front of coaches. I am of the opinion that unless my son is getting meaningful minutes with a club that is putting them in correct event, you should reevaluate.

It sounds like you are thinking that your son would like to continue playing in college. There is a place to play for everybody that wants to, no matter their talent level, DI, II, III and a whole list of club leagues. Pick your school based on academics and finances before deciding on lacrosse. If your son is not playing now at the club level he's probably not good enough to get looked at by many "lacrosse" schools. Playing in college may sound great but its a huge commitment to maintain grades while doing it, no matter what level

This is so true. Quite literally the worst lacrosse player I have ever seen is "committed" to some no-name D-III school as per his social media, and that of his HS. He has never played a meaningful minute on a school team, and is on the lowest of the lowest travel teams. At almost any school, you will be given a roster spot if you want one and can obey the rules of the team.